In Episode 53 of Footprints on our Hearts, I chat to Clint Watkins who lost two sons at different stages of pregnancy. We discuss Clint and his wife’s dilemma over whether to continue with her pregnancy after having been told their son would not survive and what plans they made to honour their son both during pregnancy and after he was born.
We also chat about Clint’s faith and the role of grief and lamentation in faith.
In the interview, we talk about:
- Getting pregnant and finding out that their baby had anencephaly (2:18)
- Facing an impossible decision and deciding to continue with the pregnancy (8:53)
- Preparing for Eli’s birth and death and making memories during pregnancy (15:33)
- Meeting Eli after his birth and planning his funeral (24:48)
- The role of lamentation in faith (31:09)
- Losing their second son, Rowe to miscarriage (35:40)
- Why he decided to speak out about baby loss (41:27)
You can connect with Clint on Instagram @clintdwatkins and read his blog – www.frailfather.com.
If you have any feedback on the show, suggestions for guests or would like to share your story, you can connect with me on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/footprintsonourhearts/), Twitter (https://twitter.com/skyesfootprints) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you enjoy the podcast, please leave a rating or review on your podcast app! You can support the show on Patreon – https://www.patreon.com/footprintsonourhearts
Thanks to Izzy Syme for editing and producing this episode.