Episode 48 of Footprints on our Hearts is a special solo show on living with loss in 2021. I think we can all agree that 2020 for most people was a really tough year, and I very much hope that 2021 sees a return to a normality that involves hugging, human interaction and not being trapped inside our homes!
I’ve spent the past couple of weeks reflecting on my grief journey over the past year and on how we can balance living our best life while allowing ourselves space to grieve. It’s something I’ve talked about with some of my podcast guests and I wanted to share my thoughts and theirs with you.
How can we choose happiness while living with loss? How do we build a life that meets our needs and includes the babies we hold in our hearts?
In the episode, I talk about:
- Choosing a word of the year to help you focus on the person you want to be and take control of your life (9:15)
- Creating time and space for grief (15:00)
- Habits and daily practices (18:10)
- Dealing with overwhelm (25:02)
I mention the following books:
- Atomic Habits by James Clear
- Rising Strong by Brené Brown
- Untamed by Glennon Doyle
- The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron
If you have any feedback on the show, suggestions for guests or would like to share your story, you can connect with me on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/footprintsonourhearts/), Twitter (https://twitter.com/skyesfootprints) or email email@example.com. If you enjoy the podcast, please leave a rating or review on your podcast app! You can support the show on Patreon – https://www.patreon.com/footprintsonourhearts