In Episode 39 of Footprints on our Hearts, I talk to Josie Woods about her son, Oliver, who was stillborn after being diagnosed with a heart condition during pregnancy. We chat about the complex emotions associated with grief and why losing Oliver caused Josie and her partner to sell the home they’d so recently moved into.
In the interview, we talk about:
- Josie’s pregnancy with Oliver (3:58)
- Finding out that Oliver had a problem with his heart and coming to terms with the fact that he probably wouldn’t survive (8:38)
- Oliver’s death and giving birth to her son (14:16)
- The early weeks of grief and grieving during lockdown (23:22)
- Getting pregnant again and losing her rainbow baby (32:23)
- Struggling with feelings of jealousy around pregnancy announcements (41:02)
- Learning to remember Oliver in a happy way and speaking out about baby loss (44:12)
If you have any feedback on the show, suggestions for guests or would like to share your story, you can connect with me on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/footprintsonourhearts/), Twitter (https://twitter.com/skyesfootprints) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you enjoy the podcast, please leave a rating or review on your podcast app and consider supporting the podcast on Patreon (https://www.patreon.com/footprintsonourhearts).