In Episode 33 of Footprints on our Hearts, I chat with Priya Shah about her triplets, Adhiya, Ariya and Adhira. Priya’s pregnancy was a rollercoaster of hope, heartbreak and difficult decisions, and sadly she only got to bring Adhiya home.
In the interview, we talk about:
- Priya’s journey to getting pregnant and finding out they were expecting triplets
- Facing the terrible decision over whether to reduce the pregnancy (14:43)
- Struggling to prepare for the birth of her babies (27:29)
- Baby loss being a taboo subject in her culture (32:35)
- Going into labour at 34 weeks and giving birth to Adhiya and Ariya (34:19)
- Being told Ariya wouldn’t survive and spending time with her (41:38)
- Grieving while dealing with the demands of being a parent to Adhiya (50:40)
- Involving all three of her children in family life and Indian culture (58:26)
I have good news! Thanks to my wonderful volunteer guest hosts and editors, I should be able to continue putting out weekly episodes for at least the next few months.
If you’d like to support the podcast and help it remain viable for the long term, then please do consider becoming a Patreon support. You can support the podcast from just a few pounds a month with all the money going towards hosting, production and editing costs. Find out more at https://patreon.com/footprintsonourhearts.