In Episode 30 of Footprints on our Hearts, I talk with Amy Watson, a life coach who specialises in supporting women who’ve experienced baby loss. We talk about the two children Amy didn’t get to bring home – Lauren and River – and how their deaths affected her older children. She also has some very wise words on allowing ourselves to feel a full range of emotions.
In the interview, we discuss:
- Amy’s pregnancy with her fifth child, Lauren, and finding out her heart had stopped beating (14:35)
- Giving birth to Lauren and bringing their children in to meet their sister (20:33)
- Grieving Lauren while supporting her family and being pregnant with her rainbow baby (26:05)
- Her pregnancy with River, missed miscarriage and difficult recovery from a D&C (36:07)
- Remembering Lauren and River as part of their family (46:10)
- Learning to find joy and happiness again (50:25)
- Setting up her life coaching business to support baby loss moms (53:18)
In the introduction, I talk about the indirect effects of Covid-19 and lockdown on occurrences of stillbirth and give a big shoutout to my wonderful new patrons!
To support the show and access exclusive patron benefits visit https://www.patreon.com/footprintsonourhearts.
If you have any feedback on the show, suggestions for guests or would like to share your story, you can connect with me on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/footprintsonourhearts/), Twitter (https://twitter.com/skyesfootprints) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.