This week, I chat with Will Rivera II about his five-year journey through recurrent, unexplained pregnancy loss, male factor infertility and why he and his wife decided to start Fertility in Colour – a platform for women and men of colour who are battling recurrent pregnancy loss.
In the interview we talk about:
- Deciding to start a family and Will’s response to their first loss – a missed miscarriage at 8 weeks – and their four further losses (7:48)
- In the limbo of undiagnosed pregnancy loss and medical testing and struggling to get support from doctors (17:30)
- The challenges black and brown people face relating to infertility and pregnancy loss and learning to advocate for yourself (26:05)
- Male factor infertility and why it’s so hard for men to speak out about this (36:15)
- His experience of grief and why the support men need can differ from the support women need (45:40)
- Why Will and his wife decided to set up their platform, Fertility in Colour (53:35)
In the introduction, I talk about a special project close to my heart and how you can help! Find out more here: https://footprintsonourhearts.com/2020/07/16/get-your-memory-stick/.
If you enjoy the podcast and find it helpful, please do leave a rating or review on iTunes or your podcast app.
You can connect with me via email email@example.com or get in touch with me on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/footprintsonourhearts/) or Twitter (https://twitter.com/skyesfootprints).