In Episode 22 of Footprints on our Hearts, I talk to Nick Lang about his daughter Evalyn who was stillborn in November 2016. We talk about grief, connecting with other bereaved fathers and Nick’s experience of pregnancy after loss.
In the interview, we discuss:
- Finding out that their second daughter, Evalyn, had died and Evalyn’s birth (6:24)
- Breaking the news of Evalyn’s death to their son (19:31)
- Grieving and struggling with being back at work after Evalyn’s death (27:32)
- Setting up Sands United Solent and how it’s helped bring grieving dads together (35:37)
- Running the Great South Run with an empty pushchair with Evalyn’s name in it (41:05)
- Nick’s experience of pregnancy after loss (50:43)
If you have any suggestions for guests for the podcast or you’d like to come on to talk about your experience of baby loss and legacy, I’d love to hear from you. As well as talking to parents, I’d love to talk to grandparents, other relatives or friends who’ve been affected by the loss of a child about their experiences. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org or get in touch with me on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/footprintsonourhearts/) or Twitter (https://twitter.com/skyesfootprints).