Subscribe: Apple | Android | RSS
This week, I talk to Elle Howe about her daughter, Giorgia, who was stillborn in August 2019. We talk about making memories, support through grief and what her son said to her when they told him his little sister wouldn’t be coming home.
In the interview, we talk about:
- Elle’s pregnancy with Giorgia and finding out her heart had stopped beating (11:15)
- Breaking the news to her son, Benedict (18:53)
- Going into hospital to give birth to Giorgia (23:50)
- Making memories and bringing Benedict to meet his baby sister (29:04)
- The support they got from friends and family in the weeks following Giorgia’s death and at her funeral (38:32)
- Milestones during the first year of grief (44:22)
- Benedict’s awareness of his sister and parenting after loss (50:21)
You can connect with Elle on Instagram @elle_howe. In the podcast we talk about Remember My Baby, a charity who offers a gift of baby remembrance photography to UK parents who lose their baby, and Charlies Angel Centre, a baby loss bereavement support charity in Leeds.
In the introduction, I talk about some of the latest research published by Tommy’s into improving pre-eclampsia diagnosis and understanding premature birth. Find out more on their website.
If you have any feedback on the show, suggestions for guests or would like to share your story, you can connect with me on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/footprintsonourhearts/), Twitter (https://twitter.com/skyesfootprints) or email email@example.com. If you enjoy the podcast, please leave a rating or review on your podcast app!