Subscribe: Apple | Android | RSS
In Episode 20 of Footprints on our Hearts, I talk to Karl, a husband, father and obstetrician about his experience of recurrent miscarriage.
Karl is incredibly open and honest about how it took him many years and five miscarriages to accept the emotional aspect of the journey he and his wife have gone through and be able to grieve the six babies they didn’t get to bring home.
In the interview we talk about:
- Karl’s first experience of miscarriage and his scientific, rational approach to baby loss. (6:30)
- Recurrent miscarriage following Elijah’s birth and breaking down his ivory tower. (18:30)
- The impact of recurrent loss and a busy career on his marriage. (34:38)
- How his experience of loss has fuelled his passion for helping others bring their children into the world. (40:50)
- Karl’s worries during Emma’s pregnancy with their daughter Ariella. (45:40)
- Why he chose to raise money for Tommy’s and how cycling helped him address his grief and learn more about himself. (1:04:05)
You can find Karl on Instagram @the_ambitious_endurance and Twitter @ambition2endure. ~He blogs on endurance sports, facing your fears and baby loss on his blog (https://ambitionendurance.wordpress.com/) and is currently fundraising for Tommy’s at https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/Karl.
If you enjoy this episode, please leave a review of the podcast on your podcast app and share it with your friends!