This week is the first of a two-part interview with Frankie Brunker, author of the book, These Precious Little People. You can listen to the second half of her story in Episode 19 (airing June 5th).
Frankie’s first child, her daughter, Esme, was stillborn in 2013. Years later, after having two further children, she decided to write the book, These Precious Little People, to help parents talk to children of all ages about baby loss.
In the interview, we talk about:
- Their decision to have children and finding out she was pregnant with Esme. (9:27)
- An early pregnancy scare and memories of her pregnancy. (17:33)
- Realising that she hadn’t felt Esme move and what she’d been told about reporting reduced movements. (37:55)
- Finding out her baby had died. (46:46)
- Struggling with the thought of having to wait to give birth to Esme. (55:40)
- Other people’s response to Frankie’s pregnancy after losing Esme. (59:40)
You can connect with Frankie on Instagram @thesepreciouslittlepeople and find out more about her book on her website: https://preciouslittlepeople.wixsite.com/preciouslittlepeople/pre-order-a-copy.
The best place to buy a copy of These Precious Little People is on the website of Joel The Complete Package, as proceeds go to help support families through pregnancy and parenting after baby loss.
Frankie has very kindly donated a copy of her book which you can win as part of Skye’s birthday giveaway! Also included in the prize is a gorgeous eco-friendly candle personalised with your baby’s name and a beautiful bookmark.
The giveaway is open until midnight (UK time) on June 3rd and you can find details of how to enter by looking for the giveaway post on my Instagram wall – @footprintsonourhearts.
If you’re not on Instagram, you can still enter by sharing a link to the podcast with your friends on Facebook (or in a Facebook group) and emailing a screenshot of your post to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This podcast is part of Skye’s legacy – to share your stories and help people who’ve ended up in the baby loss club feel less alone. By taking part in this giveaway, you can help me reach the people who need it.
- The giveaway prizes can be shipped to anyone in the UK. If you’re outside the UK and would like to enter you can and I’d love your help spreading the word – I will find an alternative prize if your name is drawn to send to you.
- You can choose to gift the book to a friend or an organisation such as a hospital or charity (please make sure they’re happy to receive it).
- Candle can be personalised with your choice of name/message up to 25 characters.
- Giveaway is open until midnight UK time on June 3rd and I’ll announce the winner in my second podcast episode with Frankie on June 5th.
- Giveaway is not affiliated with any company or Instagram.