Subscribe: Apple | Android | RSS
In this week’s episode, I chat to Chainie Jackson about her son, Tobias, who was born prematurely in October 2019 and lived for fifty-one days.
Talking with Chainie really opened my eyes to what life is like as a parent of a baby in the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU). I’m so grateful she was able to share the story of the highs and lows of Tobias’s short life. It is a heartbreaking story but a beautiful one.
In the interview, we talk about:
- Her pregnancy with Tobias and when they realized something was wrong. (5:16)
- Life in the NICU during the 51 days of his life. (17:30)
- What the “Beads of Courage” are and how they gave Chainie hope. (27:16)
- The first five months of grief – why things get harder, not easier. (35:57)
- How her Christian faith helped her and brought her peace at the end of Tobias’s life. (44:50)
- Why she’s chosen to share Tobias’s story. (50:30)
You can connect with Chainie on Instagram @puzzlepiecesofmyhe.art and read more about Tobias on her blog: https://puzzlepiecesofmyhe.art.blog/.
You can see a photo of Tobias’s Beads of Courage here, and find out more about charity that runs the scheme on the Beads of Courage website.
If you enjoy this episode, I would love it if you could share it with a friend or on social media. Please subscribe to get future episodes of the podcast direct to your favourite podcast app and follow me on Instagram for latest news and updates.