In Episode 14 of Footprints on our Hearts, I talk to Lucy about her experiences of miscarriage and infertility and why she set up the Rainbow Running Club and Rainbow Yoga Club.
As this episode goes out, Lucy is currently hosting online midweek mindfulness sessions and has just launched the Rainbow Reading Club.
In the interview, we talk about:
- Lucy’s experience of miscarriage and infertility, including the impact on her life and friendships and the challenges of IVF (11:39)
- Being pregnant and grieving a “normal” pregnancy (34:38)
- The emotional impact of further loss (39:42)
- Discovering running and how the Rainbow Running Club was born (47:05)
- How she’s expanded the Rainbow Running Club and taken events online (54:10)
And I ask Lucy the most important question of all – what her favourite cake is!
You can connect with Lucy and find out more about the Rainbow Running and Yoga Club on Instagram @_mother_of_one_ and on the website https://www.rainbowrunningclub.co.uk/. All information on the online events can be found on Lucy’s Instagram account.
If you have any suggestions for guests for the podcast or you’d like to come on to talk about your experience of baby loss and legacy, I’d love to hear from you. As well as talking to parents, I’d love to talk to grandparents, other relatives or friends who’ve been affected by the loss of a child about their experiences. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org or get in touch on me on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/footprintsonourhearts/) or Twitter (https://twitter.com/skyesfootprints).